Saiba mais

sábado, 2 de abril de 2011

And the winner is...

por Leandro Oliveira

Após Pierre Boulez e Oscar Peterson, o Glenn Gould Prize vai para o cantor e poeta... Leonard Cohen. Dizem eles:

Leonard Cohen is one of the most covered artists alive today, influencing generations of songwriters, and his music has earned the accolades of other artists in tribute albums in France, Norway, Canada, Spain, the Czech Republic, South Africa, and the United States. “Hallelujah”, one of Cohen’s best-known and best-loved songs has been covered by over 150 artists including Willie Nelson and Bono. Numerous documentaries, awards, and tribute albums acknowledge the far-reaching contribution Cohen has made to music. He continues to refine and deepen his art, and as a musician he is constantly exploring new territory.

The Glenn Gould Foundation honours Glenn Gould’s spirit and legacy by celebrating brilliance, promoting creativity and transforming lives through the power of music and the arts with the Foundation’s signature activities, including The Glenn Gould Prize. Past laureates include Dr. José Antonio Abreu (2008), founder of El Sistema, Venezuela’s free music education program for children and youth, Pierre Boulez (2002), Oscar Peterson (1993) and Yo-Yo Ma (1999). For more information on the foundation, prize and jurors visit www.glenngould.ca.


Com exceção da desnecessidade de citar o Bono, eu adorei, é claro. Sou fã do Leonard Cohen e queria ter escrito a canção abaixo (em tempos de paixão, uma declaração de amor, pois não):


If you want a lover I'll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love I'll wear this old mask for you
If you want a partner take my hand or
If you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand: I'm your man.

If you want a boxer I will step into the ring for you
And if you want a doctor I'll examine every inch of you
If you want a driver, climb inside
Or if you want to take me for a ride
You know you can: I'm your man.

But the moon's too bright,
The chain's too tight,
The beast just won't go to sleep...
I've been runnin' through these promises to you
That I made and I could not keep.
Ah, but a man never got a woman back - not by beggin' on his knees -
Or I'd crawl to you baby and I'd fall at your feet,
And I'd howl at your beauty like a dog in heat,
And I'd claw at your heart and I'd tear at your sheet,
I'd say please: I'm your man!

And if you wanna sleep for a minute on the road I will steer for you
And if you want to work the street alone I'll disappear for you
If you want a father for your child
Or only wanna walk with me another mile across the burning sand:
I'm your man.

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...